Yo, that picture of you in a hot tub with a beer in your hand and two attractive chicks sitting next to you sure looks great as the profile picture on your Facebook page, but can it prevent you from getting a job? The answer, somewhat surprisingly, is yes. Employers have been doing standard background checks and credit reports on employees for decades, but in recent years hiring managers have also begun checking out the personal social media pages of candidates under consideration for a position, a practice known as “social media background checks,” to determine as much as possible about a candidate before they hire them. The more pictures you have of yourself in compromising positions on Facebook and Twitter, the more damage you are doing to your employability status. Various reports suggest that between 50 and 90 percent of employers use social media background checks to vet out prospective employees.
- Ghostface Killah Releases His 3rd Annual Top 10 Softest Rapppers in the Game list @dommystyles
- BILL COSBY FINALLY SPEAKS... AND HE HAS SOME SPECIAL WORDS FOR BLACK MEDIA
- The Best Local Music On The Radio!!!
- #GOODLAWD: AMBER ROSE AND BLAC CHYNA ARE THE REAL MVP... TWERK VIDEO GONE VIRAL (VIDEO)
- GO TO JAIL, DONT PASS GO, DONT COLLECT $200, AND DONT HIT THE SMONEY DANCE: BOBBY SHMURDA LOCKED UP?!? (Video)
- NICKI GETS REAL & TALKS ON SAFAREE BREAK UP “I Don’t Even Know How To Function Without This Person” [VIDEO]