Across the nation, as Americans take in the news of Obamacare passing, whether they celebrate or dwell in outrage, they must stop and consider how the recent Supreme Court decision will really affect their lives. Here are some of the major pros and cons of Obamacare that will gradually and greatly affect Americans and their health care coverage.
1. First and foremost, the 32 million people who cannot currently afford health insurance will receive it through lowered healthcare costs.
2. The Federal Government will pay states to add more low income people to medicaid.
3. Insurance companies will no longer have the ability to drop someone’s coverage once they become sick.
4. Children with pre-existing conditions cannot be denied coverage.
5. Parents will have the option to keep their children, up to age 26, on their health insurance plans, bringing better profit to insurance companies by raising the premiums for healthier individuals.