Thanks for checking out the Power StreetHeat page! Street Heat is an opportunity for you to have your music submitted to Power for consideration of airplay. We also want to give you feedback and help you with the business side of your music. Before you submit your music, Check out the requirements that we look for .
In order to submit music for possible airplay, Your music should be registered with a performing rights organization such as ASCAP, OR BMI,
ASCAP stands for The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) which is a not-for-profit performance rights organization that protects its members’ musical copyrights by monitoring public performances of their music, whether via a broadcast or live performance, and compensating them accordingly.
Broadcast Music, Inc. or BMI is a global leader in rights management, collects license fees from businesses that use music, which it distributes as royalties to songwriters, composers & music publishers.
SESAC, Inc. is a performing rights organization with headquarters in Nashville and offices in New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Miami and London. SESAC represent songwriters and publishers and their right to be compensated for having their music performed in public.
It’s a good Idea to have your music registered with MEDIABASE.
Mediabase is a service that tracks monitored radio, television and internet airplay of songs based on the number of spins and detections. This is important because if your music isn’t registered you don’t get paid!
Your music should be copyrighted.
With the music that you or your band creates, having it copyrighted will keep you protected with your ownership of your music.
US Copyright Office website, http://www.copyright.gov.
Your music must be Clean. If it is not mixed and mastered by industry standard it will not be considered for airplay on Power 107 5.
* If you have management or a Public Relations person, They should be in place to meet with City to discuss your project.
* Your song submission must be from an upcoming Album/EP or Mixtape/Compilation and be available for download or purchase at a retail outlet.
* You must have an internet base/following and visuals on You Tube, World star etc..
* You must have a marketing plan for your single and project………………………
• All music can be submitted to City on Tuesdays between 12 and 2 and he will Listen to your single that you are currently seeking airplay for and give you feedback..
• Once your music has been received, it will be reviewed by City and the Program Director for Power 107 5 . If your submission is not complete it will not be accepted until all Streetheat Requirements are met.
• IS YOUR MUSIC BEING PLAYED IN THE CLUBS IN COLUMBUS?
• ARE YOU RECEIVING AIRPLAY FROM ANY RADIO STATIONS
• IS YOUR SINGLE SET UP TO BE DOWNLOADED? IF SO WHERE?
• ARE YOU SET UP WITH A RETAILER SO PEOPLE CAN BUY YOUR MUSIC?
• ARE YOU REGISTERED WITH MEDIABASE/BDS OR BIG CHAMPAGNE?
• BE PREPARED TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS WHEN YOU MEET WITH CITY
• If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact City. Power wants Columbus artists to know that there is an outlet in the city for you to get your music heard. We will do our part in assisting you to get to the professional level of the music business that you and your company seeks.