As the end of the world or year (which ever’s first) draws near, industry critics are beginning to post their year end best of lists. Two of our favorites Frank Ocean and Kendrick Lamar made Time’s list of the best albums of 2012.
While Frank Ocean’s debut album channel ORANGE landed in the number three position, Kendrick Lamar’s good kid, m.A.A.d. city was a cut above. Time praised Lamar’s cinematic project and hailed him as “the most promising artist in hip-hop.”
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
Along with Ocean and Lamar, Killer Mike and Azealia Banks both made the list with their respective albums. For artists who aren’t necessarily considered mainstream, this is a great look for them. with many people sleeping on Killer Mike, we hope Time’s list wakes them all the way up.
Check out the complete list below. Who should’ve made the list? hit us with your top 10 albums of 2012 in the comments.
Top 10 Albums of 2012
1. Fiona Apple, The Idler Wheel…
2. Kendrick Lamar, good kid, m.A.A.d city
3. Frank Ocean, channel ORANGE
4. Dirty Projectors, Swing Lo Magellan
5. Getatchew Mekuria & the Ex & Friends, Y’Anbessaw Tezeta
6. Swans, The Seer
7. Various Artists, Listen, Whitey! The Sounds of Black Power 1967–74
8. The Mountain Goats, Transcendental Youth
9. Azealia Banks, 1991 EP
10. Killer Mike, R.A.P. Music
READ MORE HOT MUSIC COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM: