Just in case you haven’t heard the story, James Jenkins was the neighbor who went into some water trying to save a little boy yesterday. Authorities say the boy fell through the ice of a pond at an apartment complex on the city’s southeast side Thursday night. Before rescuers arrived, 30-year-old James R. Jenkins jumped into the water to try to save the boy. Police say bystanders tried to rescue the pair, but the two submerged. They were pulled from the pond several minutes later after rescue divers arrived. Jenkins was pronounced dead at a hospital. Police said the boy — whose name hasn’t been released — was still in critical condition Friday. The hospital said the family has not consented to the release of further information about the boy’s condition.
- The Best “Thug Life” Memes On The Internet [VIDEO]
- GET YOUR MUSIC HEARD ON THE RADIO!
- Please tell me this isn't Rich Homie Quan...
- Shots Fired at TI and Yo Gotti show at Ciaa @dommystyles
- 17th Annual Power 107.5 Anniversary Party is Coming!!! Details Here!
- Vote Now For The 17th Annual Anniversary Party Colors!