I guess when Mountain Dew teamed up with hip-hop group Odd Future they believed they could push the envelope. Well they have definitely pushed the envelope, too far this time. So many people have spoken out about this racist commercial, forcing PEPSICo to pull the add.
The actors are members of the music group Odd Future in an unusual video series created by the alternative hip-hop ensemble’s co-founder, Tyler, The Creator. In a spot that drew a flurry of criticism this week, the goat Felicia—in a male voice—taunts the battered woman with phrases like “snitches get stitches, fool,” “keep your mouth shut” and “I’m going to get out of here and do you up.”
Dr. Boyce Watkins, called it “arguably the most racist commercial in history.”
PEPSICo has responded, apologized, and removed the video. But we got our hands on it. Check it out below.
Like Power 107.5 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews!
- Eve (Feat. Miss Kitty) – Eve THE PITBULL IN A SKIRT IS BACK!!!!
- Fabolous – Ready (Explicit) ft. Chris Brown
- CityNewwss and Milano Mens Wear Wants to Send YOU to Prom in Style
- 10 Times A Kim Kardashian Look-Alike Shows Up In Ray J’s Video For “I Hit It First”
- 47 Cringeworthy Tattoos Being Regretted As We Speak