Source: Huffington Post
LOS ANGELES — A Los Angeles judge has dismissed a hit-and-run driving charge against singer Chris Brown.
The judge said Brown had reached a civil compromise with the other driver and City News Service says the misdemeanor was dropped Thursday. Brown didn’t attend the hearing.
Brown claims he traded insurance information with the woman after his Range Rover struck her Mercedes in Toluca Lake in May.
His attorney says he accidentally gave the woman the wrong insurance information. Mark Geragos also says insurance covered the $800 in damage to the Mercedes.
City prosecutor Patrick Hiscocks objected to the dismissal, saying Brown was still on probation at the time of the crash for assaulting then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009.
He also says the other driver felt she was “castigated” on social media after the crash.
Like Power 107.5 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews!
- 16 Oddly Specific Types Of Guy Drake Is, According To Twitter
- WIN TICKETS TO SEE MIKE EPPS ALL WEEKEND
- Kanye West’s “Yeezus” Finally Goes Gold Nearly Two Months After It’s Release
- Chris Brown Hit-and-Run Case DISMISSED!
- SPIKE LEE FIRED FROM DIRECTING JAMES BROWN BIO PIC