Via Global Grind
Police in Slaughter, Louisiana are reporting that an 8-year-old shot and killed his elderly caregiver after playing the violent video game, Grand Theft Auto.
The child shot Marie Smothers in the head with her own gun as she was watching television. She was almost 90-years-old.
“Although a motive for the shooting is unknown at this time, investigators have learned that the juvenile suspect was playing a video game on the Play Station III “Grand Theft Auto IV”, a realistic game that has been associated with encouraging violence and awards points to players for killing people, just minutes before the homicide occurred,” said a statement issued by the Sheriff’s Office.
The boy, whose identity will not be revealed due to his age, was released to his parents and will not be charged with a crime, despite evidence that the shooting was intentional. The child initially told investigators that the shooting was an accident.
Like Power 107.5 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews!
- Diddy Tweets About Alleged Fight With J. Cole After MTV Video Music Awards
- Eminem Throws Shade At Khloe & Lamar On New Single, ‘Berzerk’ [NEW MUSIC]
- Jay Z Sued Over T-Shirt Designs
- She Aint Worried Bout Nothing..Hannnnn! Paula Patton is fine with Robin’s VMA Performance
- Awkword Releases “Throw Away The Key”