Boko Haram Attacks 3 Nigerian Villages & Leaves 48 Dead

    Comments:  | Leave A Comment

    nigeria

    After kidnapping more than 200 schoolgirls last month, Boko Haram extremists have furthered their campaign against the Nigerian government. This time, the group attacked three villages in the country’s northern and central region, resulting in at least 48 deaths.

    MUST READ: Nigerian Villagers Ban Together & Kill 200 Boko Haram Militants

    According to CNN, “the last four days have seen devastating bomb attacks in Jos, in central Nigeria, as well as a suicide bombing in Kano – the largest city in the north. Two more villages in the state of Borno, Boko Haram’s stronghold in the northeast, came under attack, with at least 30 civilians killed. There have also been two bomb attacks in the federal capital, Abuja, in the last five weeks.”

    The attacks took place between Tuesday night and early Wednesday near the town of Chibok, where schoolgirls at the center of the #BringBackOurGirls campaign were abducted. “We saw our village up in flames as we hid in the bush waiting for the dawn; we lost everything,” a local man named Apagu Maidaga of Alagarno village told The Associated Press. “We expect to find more bodies in the rubble.”

    MUST READ: #BringBackOurGirls: Video Emerges Of Abducted Nigerian School Girls & We’ve Got Several Questions

    In response to the horrible acts, President Goodluck Jonathan told Nigerians that the government “remains fully committed to winning the war against terror.”

    RELATED STORIES

    Michelle Obama Speaks Out On Missing Nigerian Girls: ‘My Husband & I Are Outraged & Heartbroken’

    #BringBackOurGirls: Are We Helping Or Harming Nigeria With Our ‘Support’?

    Check Out This Gallery

    Join the Conversation! Share and Discuss!

    Originally seen on http://hellobeautiful.com/

    Tags: » »

    Comments

    blog comments powered by Disqus
    Follow

    Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

    Join 475 other followers