Anyone who watches MSNBC on the weekend knows that Melissa Harris Perry has discussed in depth, the idea of what natural or black hair means to women of color and what it says about them in society. After attending a taping of the MSNBC weeknend show Melissa Harris Perry or “Nerdland” as it’s affectionately called, Anthea Butler got an idea, based off conversations that she had while on a segment which addressed natural hair in the black community.
The result was a symposium hosted by Butler herself at the University of Pennsylvania. Melissa Harris Perry was on hand to cover the event for her show.
But check out what happened when Ms. Butler decided to get a little wiggy with it!
We love it! Point well taken! Throw your wigs up!
Like Power 107.5 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest breaking, entertainment news and original interviews!
- What Does This Beyoncé Teaser MEAN?
- MTV “Buckwild” Reality Show Star Shain Gandee Dies In Tragic Auto Accident
- KATT WILLIAMS ADOPTING ANOTHER CHILD?
- Ciara Talks To Philly’s Morning Show About The Way To Future’s Heart [Exclusive Interview]
- T-Pain Cuts Off His Dreadlocks [PHOTOS]
I Whip My Hair Back And Forth! Anthea Butler Snatches Off Her Wig At Event! was originally published on theurbandaily.com