Paula Deen is calling BS on a former chef who claims Deen made an African-American employee dress up like Aunt Jemima … claiming the chef is crying racism in a pathetic money grab.
The woman behind the allegations is Dora Charles — who ran Deen’s kitchens for 22 years and helped open Paula’s famous Lady & Sons restaurant in Georgia.
Charles spoke with the New York Times — and claimed Deen wouldn’t just use racial slurs in the kitchens, but wanted to dress up her employees as humiliating stereotypes.
Among the allegations, Charles says Deen tried to make her ring a dinner bell for restaurant customers … something Charles felt was racially charged.
“That’s a symbol to me of what we used to do back in the day,” Charles said.
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/page/2/#ixzz2a78tiXc1
Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com
Also On Power 107.5:
12 photos Launch gallery
1. #powerfallfest is lit 🔥
1 of 12
2. @liluzivert x @power1075 x #FallFest x #KBFilms 🎞📽
2 of 12
3. The homie @djlukenastyy in the building tonight at #PowerFallFest. I'm DJn his set so we bout to set Columbus on 🔥🔥🔥🔥 #DownWithTheKing
3 of 12
4. 🔥🔥🔥 #powerfallfest
4 of 12
5. lil uzi lit #powerfallfest
5 of 12
6. Backstage at the #PowerFallFest @djbigbink and Vonzail @musiqman81 ..#bigbinkshow
6 of 12
7. @lildonair with her "life sized" LilD sign 💁🏽
7 of 12
8. #AboutLastNight #LilUziVert #RockStarLifeStyleMightDontMakeIt
8 of 12
9 of 12
10. #we LIT!!!!!! #powerfallfest #bigbinkshow
10 of 12
11. Hey Columbus @thedopedixon has you covered on all BTS of Fall Fest on that snap @ "Power1075" 👑
11 of 12
12. #rp @LILDonAIR: "I said "hey @djmrking we should dress alike!" He said "that's corny." Then I see this 🙄 That's my dj doe!! #PowerFallFest
12 of 12