For years and years and years now, women have used two particular pieces of fruit to define their body shape – and, to a certain extent, their health risks.
An apple shape, where body fat tends to be stored mostly around the waist, is typically considered to be an indicator of higher health risks, especially heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
A pear shape, where body fat tends to be stored mostly around the hips and thighs, is generally considered to be “safer.”
However, according to a new study, body shape may not be as much of a risk factor as previously thought, particularly when it comes to breast cancer.
Researchers at the American Cancer Society are now suggesting that having an apple shape isn’t necessarily any riskier than being pear-shaped, at least in terms of breast cancer.
1 2Next page »
Also On Power 107.5:
12 photos Launch gallery
1. #powerfallfest is lit 🔥
1 of 12
2. @liluzivert x @power1075 x #FallFest x #KBFilms 🎞📽
2 of 12
3. The homie @djlukenastyy in the building tonight at #PowerFallFest. I'm DJn his set so we bout to set Columbus on 🔥🔥🔥🔥 #DownWithTheKing
3 of 12
4. 🔥🔥🔥 #powerfallfest
4 of 12
5. lil uzi lit #powerfallfest
5 of 12
6. Backstage at the #PowerFallFest @djbigbink and Vonzail @musiqman81 ..#bigbinkshow
6 of 12
7. @lildonair with her "life sized" LilD sign 💁🏽
7 of 12
8. #AboutLastNight #LilUziVert #RockStarLifeStyleMightDontMakeIt
8 of 12
9 of 12
10. #we LIT!!!!!! #powerfallfest #bigbinkshow
10 of 12
11. Hey Columbus @thedopedixon has you covered on all BTS of Fall Fest on that snap @ "Power1075" 👑
11 of 12
12. #rp @LILDonAIR: "I said "hey @djmrking we should dress alike!" He said "that's corny." Then I see this 🙄 That's my dj doe!! #PowerFallFest
12 of 12