Oprah Winfrey has said several times throughout the years that she looked to Maya Angelou as a mother. Now that Angelou has passed, it was a wonder how she would deal with someone so close to her heart.
She revealed her thoughts through Instagram about just how much Angelou meant to her, and how she will go o without her.
I’ve been blessed to have Maya Angelou as my mentor, mother/sister, and friend since my 20’s. She was there for me always, guiding me through some of the most important years of my life. The world knows her as a poet but at the heart of her, she was a teacher. ‘When you learn, teach. When you get, give’ is one of my best lessons from her. She won three Grammys, spoke six languages and was the second poet in history to recite a poem at a presidential inauguration. But what stands out to me most about Maya Angelou is not what she has done or written or spoken, it’s how she lived her life. She moved through the world with unshakeable calm, confidence and a fierce grace. I loved her and I know she loved me. I will profoundly miss her. She will always be the rainbow in my clouds.Following
Phenomenal Woman: Our Favorite Dr. Maya Angelou Quotes
1.1 of 18
2. Phenomenal Woman – Maya Angelou2 of 18
3.3 of 18
4. Phenomenal Woman – Maya Angelou4 of 18
5.5 of 18
6. Phenomenal Woman – Maya Angelou6 of 18
7.7 of 18
8. Phenomenal Woman – Maya Angelou8 of 18
9. Phenomenal Woman – Maya Angelou9 of 18
10.10 of 18
11.11 of 18
12.12 of 18
13.13 of 18
14. REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information, call 407-248-9191.14 of 18
15.15 of 18
16. Phenomenal Woman – Maya Angelou16 of 18
17. Phenomenal Woman – Maya Angelou17 of 18
18. REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information, call 407-248-9191.18 of 18
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook!
MORE LINKS ON THE URBAN DAILY