ATLANTA (AP) — A Georgia entertainment company is suing Tyler Perry, accusing the filmmaker of unfairly working with government officials to transform a former military base into a studio for Perry’s company.
Atlanta-based Ubiquitous Entertainment Studios filed the federal lawsuit this week in U.S. District Court. Also named as defendants are the U.S. Army and a government authority working to redevelop Fort McPherson, a former Army base south of downtown Atlanta.
Ubiquitous says its CEO met with the authority’s chairman in December 2011 to share its vision of creating a movie studio and entertainment complex at the site. The company says Perry tried to persuade the authority to negotiate a similar deal with his company instead.
Calls to Perry’s Atlanta studios were referred to a publicist in California, who couldn’t be reached Friday morning.
Also On Power 107.5:
12 photos Launch gallery
1. #powerfallfest is lit 🔥
1 of 12
2. @liluzivert x @power1075 x #FallFest x #KBFilms 🎞📽
2 of 12
3. The homie @djlukenastyy in the building tonight at #PowerFallFest. I'm DJn his set so we bout to set Columbus on 🔥🔥🔥🔥 #DownWithTheKing
3 of 12
4. 🔥🔥🔥 #powerfallfest
4 of 12
5. lil uzi lit #powerfallfest
5 of 12
6. Backstage at the #PowerFallFest @djbigbink and Vonzail @musiqman81 ..#bigbinkshow
6 of 12
7. @lildonair with her "life sized" LilD sign 💁🏽
7 of 12
8. #AboutLastNight #LilUziVert #RockStarLifeStyleMightDontMakeIt
8 of 12
9 of 12
10. #we LIT!!!!!! #powerfallfest #bigbinkshow
10 of 12
11. Hey Columbus @thedopedixon has you covered on all BTS of Fall Fest on that snap @ "Power1075" 👑
11 of 12
12. #rp @LILDonAIR: "I said "hey @djmrking we should dress alike!" He said "that's corny." Then I see this 🙄 That's my dj doe!! #PowerFallFest
12 of 12