Package Handler – UPS is Hiring College Students – Part-time / Education Assistance
Are you a college student looking for part-time employment with benefits and education assistance? Your summer job could lead to longer term employment with UPS.
UPS is hiring individuals to work as Part-Time Package Handlers / Logistic Warehouse Associates.
Why work as a waiter / waitress / hostess, retail sales associate, door to door sales representative, intern or customer service call center agent when you can work part-time hours, receive a weekly paycheck and still earn money for your college education? Our part-time employees usually work 3 to 4 hours a day, Monday through Friday. And with a variety of shifts throughout the day and evening, you will have plenty of time to study and attend classes.
· This is a physical, fast-paced position that involves continual lifting, lowering and sliding packages that typically weigh 25 – 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs.
· Part-time employees usually work 3 ½ – 4 hours each weekday (Monday through Friday) and typically do not work on weekends or selected holidays.
· Please note that these opportunities are part-time only working approximately 17 1/2 – 20 hours per week.
· Package Handlers receive a competitive hourly rate and also an attractive benefits package
· Employees can expect to take home between $140.00 and $170.00 each week after deductions have been taken for taxes, etc.
Wouldn’t it be great to earn $25,000 for your college education?
UPS provides an excellent employment opportunity for students. Through the UPS Earn & Learn program, our student employees receive all the paid benefits of a great part-time job with UPS, plus outstanding education assistance of up to:
$2,625 per semester
$5,250 per year
$25,000 maximum lifetime benefit
This assistance can be used for tuition, books and fees as long as you are attending an approved college, university, trade or technical school. You will be eligible for the Earn & Learn program on your first day of work.
Click APPLY to start your UPS career.
Available at many UPS locations across the nation, the Education Assistance program is just one way we aim to help employees make their worlds work better — by attaining their education and career goals. In 2014, UPS provided $16 million in tuition support to approximately 14,000 students. Since the program began in 1999, we have invested over $200 million in tuition assistance for approximately 120,000 college students. UPS also invests about $565 million a year on training programs to help employees further their careers within the company.