The Walking Dead fans have a huge reason to rejoice.
That’s right, everyone’s favorite katana-slashing heroine, Michonne, will be playing the mother of arguably one of the greatest rappers — ever.
The film, All Eyes on Me, which will be directed by well-known hip-hop music director Benny Boom, will focus on Tupac’s journey to stardom and becoming a hip-hop legend. The film will also touch on the rapper/actor’s brief stint in jail due to sexual assault charges, his time at Death Row Records and the infamous beef involving famed East-Coast rapper Notorious B.I.G.
The film’s release date has not been announced, but there were rumors the Morgan Creek Productions faced legal problems in the beginning of production. Reportedly, Tupac’s mother, Afeni Shakur, and the company’s issues arose in 2009 but have since been settled — Afeni will act as an executive producer of the film.
Other confirmed cast members include Jamal Woolard — the same actor who played Biggie Smalls in the film Notorious — and newcomer Demetrius Shipp, Jr., who many feel bears a striking resemblance to the late Tupac.
SOURCE: EW | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Red Carpet Recap: The 2016 Golden Globe Awards
1. The Smith's have arrived. Will & Jada brought their son Trey for the night's festivities.Source:Getty 1 of 29
2. Kevin Hart and his fiancee, Eniko, complemented each other perfectly.Source:Getty 2 of 29
3. Jennifer Lopez slayed, per usual. Rocking dazzling stilettos and a thigh-high slit, could this be a best dressed nominee?Source:Getty 3 of 29
4. Zendaya looked beautiful in Marchesa.Source:Getty 4 of 29
5. Laverne Cox kept it classic and elegant in Elizabeth Kennedy.Source:Getty 5 of 29
6. Regina King dazzled in gold.Source:Getty 6 of 29
7. America Ferrera shined in a vibrant yellow dress.Source:Getty 7 of 29
8. Eva Longoria rocked winter white with floral embellishments.Source:Getty 8 of 29
9. Wiz Khalifa walked the carpet with his mother.Source:Getty 9 of 29
10. It's a big night for Wiz- he's nominated for "See You Again."Source:Getty 10 of 29
11. Giuliana Rancic in Alex Perry.Source:Getty 11 of 29
12. "Jane The Virgin" star Gina Rodriguez was all smiles in a stunning ball gown.Source:Getty 12 of 29
13. Sam Smith suited up in style for the big occasion.Source:Getty 13 of 29
14. Another lady of E!, Maria Menounous came out for the Globes as well.Source:Getty 14 of 29
15. Rosie Hungtington-Whiteley and Jason Statham. How gorgeous does Rosie look?Source:Getty 15 of 29
16. Let's hope we get another amazing acceptance speech from Viola Davis tonight.Source:Getty 16 of 29
17. David Oyelowo looked sharp in Dolce & Gabbana.Source:Getty 17 of 29
18. Corinne Foxx, Jamie Foxx's daughter, is the 2016 Miss Golden Globes.Source:Getty 18 of 29
19. Nominated for her role as Cookie, Taraji P. Henson walked the carpet in a white gown which she accessorized with stunning jewels.Source:Getty 19 of 29
20. Channing Tatum and Jenna Dawson. Flawless.Source:Getty 20 of 29
21. Melissa Mccarthy was a sight to see in a metallic, blue gown.Source:Getty 21 of 29
22. Are you feeling Queen Latifah's look?Source:Getty 22 of 29
23. Jennifer Lawrence's striking red gown hugged her figure in all the right places.Source:Getty 23 of 29
24. OITNB and The Wiz star Uzo Aduba arrived in head-to-toe sequin.Source:Getty 24 of 29
25. Katy Perry in Prada.Source:Getty 25 of 29
26. The Goddess, Jane Fonda, stepped out in ruffles.Source:Getty 26 of 29
27. Lady Gaga won a Golden Globe for her role in AHS: Hotel.Source:Getty 27 of 29
28. Michael B. Jordan arrived looking dapper.Source:Getty 28 of 29
29. Angela Bassett clearly ages backwards.Source:Getty 29 of 29
‘Walking Dead’ Star To Play Tupac’s Mother in Biopic was originally published on globalgrind.com