Trump was a panelist on the W20 Summit at the invitation of German Chancellor Angela Merkel. The audience at the international conference for women booed and hissed Trump when she praised her father, President Donald Trump, as an advocate of women in the workplace and “a tremendous champion of supporting families and enabling them to thrive.”
She made that statement despite his derogatory comments about women during the presidential campaign, as well as a dozen women stepping forward to accuse the president of sexual misconduct.
When pressed on the issue by the moderator, Trump blamed the media, which prompted laughter from the audience.
There was also confusion and curiosity about Trump’s role in her father’s administration, Politico reported.
Trump was invited to the conference as a senior White House official, yet she defended her father as a “loyal daughter,” the outlet said.
Women Plan March On Washington To Protest Trump Election
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14 of 14
"The future rewards those who press on. I don't have time to feel sorry for myself. I don't have time to complain. I'm going to press on."— BrooklynDad_Defiant! (@mmpadellan) February 18, 2019
-- President Barack Obama
Happy #PresidentsDay, Mr. President! We ❤️ you!@BarackObama pic.twitter.com/xhQEb4OG1U