The new toy on every kids wish list this summer is the Fidget Spinner. But a Texas mom recently learned that these toys could actually be really dangerous.
Kelly Rose Joniec was driving her daughter home from a swim meet when she looked in the rear view mirror of her car and saw her daughter’s face was bright red and drool was coming from her mouth.
Joniec panicked at the sight of her daughter struggling and pulled over the car. Her daughter then started pointing to her throat as if she was choking.
Once at the hospital, doctors found through an X-ray that Joniec’s daughter had part of the fidget spinner lodged in her esophagus. Doctors were fortunately able to removed the piece of toy and save her life.
Parents, be careful with the fidget spinners.