Idris Elba has had his fair share of ups and downs when it comes to relationships. Now, the actor says he’ll never get married ever again.
The Luther star told Essence, “Am I ever gonna get remarried? I don’t think so. Yeah, I don’t think so. Marriage is an institution of sorts. And I’ve done it. It’s not for everybody. It’s not my life’s calling.” Idris was married to Hanne Norgaard from 1999 to 2003, and Sonya Nicole Hamlin for six weeks in 2006, so the third time will definitely not be a charm for him.
However, two beautiful children came out of his relationships. Fatherhood is something Idris certainly takes pride in. He added, “I’m 44 years old with a two-and-a-half-year-old boy. I’m rolling around playing. And then I’m at a Drake concert with my teenage daughter. Having a young child now keeps me young, without a doubt.” Idris can also credit his youthfulness to his new docuseries Idris Elba: Fighter, which tracks his journey as he attempts to become a professional kick boxer in just one year.
Sorry ladies, but it looks like his mind is made up. But who knows what the future holds for Hollywood heart throb.
Concrete Catwalk: 15 Pictures That Prove Idris Elba Has The Style To Match His Handsome Features
1. Idris Elba walks the red carpet at the 2015 NAACP Image Awards.Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. How dapper did Idris look at the 2015 NAACP Image Awards?Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. And "they" said he was "too street" for James Bond.Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. Suited up!Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. Man Crush Monday worthy?Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. Idris Elba with Charlie Hunnam.Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. Too dapper.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. We all know that beards are "In," and Idris pulls one off flawlessly.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. Idris poses with Anthony Joshua.Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. Simple and stylish, Idris can do no wrong.Source:Splash News 10 of 13
11. OK, his hats could be considered wrong. But we'll let him slide.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. We love a man who's not afraid to rock some color.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Twinsies.Source:Getty 13 of 13
There Goes Our Chance! Idris Elba Says He’ll Never Get Married Again was originally published on globalgrind.com