Is walking while Black a crime now?
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Three young Black men from Ville Platte, La. Are re covering after being hit by a truck while walking along the road.
According to KATC, the driver that hit these men are not being charged, but they are.
The young men all are bruised, have scrapes and have been fined for not wearing reflective clothing as well as obstructing a public passage.
One of the victims, 21-year-old Deonte Williams said, “For me to find out that this guy gets to just go home—we all get some misdemeanors and nothing happened to him. I’m upset about it.”
Police believe it is the young men’s fault for being hit because they didn’t have the appropriate attire on.
Williams also said, “I just wake up; my cousin [is] telling me, ‘Don’t get up,’ and I was just full of blood. When I wake up, I don’t see nobody with the truck there. I don’t see nothing but the ambulance leaving with me.”
While the young men are hoping the charges get dropped, it is upsetting to see they even have to go through this.
40 Black Men & Youths Who Were Killed By Police
1. Kenneth Chamberlain Sr., 68Source:Instagram 1 of 14
2. Ramarley Graham, 18Source:Instagram 2 of 14
3. Trayvon Martin, 17Source:Getty Images 3 of 14
4. Jonathan Ferrell, 24Source:Instagram 4 of 14
5. Omar Abrego, 375 of 14
6. Ezell Ford, 25Source:Mark Boster/Los Angeles Times via Getty Images 6 of 14
7. Michael Sabbie, 35Source:Instagram 7 of 14
8. Delrawn Small, 378 of 14
9. Alton Sterling, 37Source:Instagram 9 of 14
10. Philando Castile, 32Source:Instagram 10 of 14
11. Tyre King, 13Source:Instagram 11 of 14
12. Terence Crutcher, 40Source:Instagram 12 of 14
13. Reginald Thomas, 36Source:Instagram 13 of 14
14. Carnell Snell Jr., 18Source:Instagram 14 of 14
Three Young Black Men Charged After They Were Hit By Passing Vehicle was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com