This is a day that some of us find to be an unlucky day. Some believe the bad luck of that number is associated with the betrayal of Jesus and others think it might have come from a book published in 1907. Friday the 13th is one of those days you either think is kind of fun or you fear in some way. There are friends who believe the day is bad luck.
If you are into Friday the 13th, here are some ways to Celebrate,
- Call up a friend and ask if you can pick up a few items for them (like maybe, thirteen or so) from the grocery store on your way home from work.
- Write an “I’m grateful you’re my friend” message on their Facebook wall. Or, in keeping with the theme here, write on thirteen different friend’s walls.
- Bake a batch of thirteen cookies and drop them off at a friend’s house.
- Write a note to a friend and include thirteen things you love about them.
- Make a friend a baker’s dozen of their favorite cupcakes.
- Play some Friday the 13th games.
- Meet them at the coffee shop and find out how lucky you both are.
- Invite friends over for a Friday the 13th movie marathon.
- Learn more about feng shui together, by taking a class or just hitting up the information available at your local bookstore. Feng shui is believed to help you attract more luck in your life.
- Have a Friday the 13th theme party, complete with black cupcakes, spooky decorations, and punch. Just for fun, try to figure out whether you have Triskaidekaphobia or Paraskevidekatriaphobia.
- Change up the traditional thoughts about Friday the 13th and enlist a friend to help you develop a lucky attitude. Make a list of things you could do together, like take a class on being positive or building your self-esteem.
- Adopt a black cat.
- Buy a friend lunch and ask them what they feel has been the luckiest moment of their life.