They say actions speak louder than words and LeBron James did that last night during the Cavaliers game for the NBA season opener. James was seen on the court with black sneakers with gold lettering in the back that read, “Equality.” The Nike Kicks were talked about over social media as he went against the Boston Celtics.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
According to HuffPost, James wore the sneakers to show solidarity with the constant NFL protest of the national anthem going on. Both the Celtic’s and Cavaliers stood during the anthem. The Cavaliers locked arms while the Celtics decided to bow their heads.
James and the Cavaliers won 102-99. There is no word on if he will continue to wear these sneakers for the rest of the NBA season. We wonder how many other players will buy the sneakers and wear them in support.
13 Pics Of LeBron James & Wife Savannah Being Crazy In Love (PHOTOS)
1. Young love for Savannah and LeBron at prom in high school.Source: 1 of 13
2. A couple that travels together…Source: 2 of 13
3. Vacay in Greece.Source: 3 of 13
4. LeBron posted this adorable pic of his pregnant wife.Source: 4 of 13
5. Happy Anniversary!Source: 5 of 13
6. LeBron supports his wife with all of her endeavors.Source: 6 of 13
7. Bonnie and Clyde in Madrid.Source: 7 of 13
8. Kiss Cam!Source: 8 of 13
9. Savannah shared this throwback pic of LeBron and their first born.Source: 9 of 13
10. The stylish pair head to Dwyane Wade’s wedding.Source: 10 of 13
11. Love on top! Savannah reposted this love message from her boo.Source: 11 of 13
12. On the run.Source: 12 of 13
13. She said yes!Source: 13 of 13
LeBron James Wears “Equality” Sneakers For NBA Opener was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com