Nicki Minaj opened up about her struggles as a female MC recently. Headkrack explained why she does, indeed, have a point, because female rappers are automatically in a tough place when it comes to having to prove themselves to the hip-hop world.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Da Brat, too, opened up a bit about the innate difficulties of being a female MC in such a male-dominated genre. Click on the audio player to hear more int his exclusive clip from Hip-Hop Spot on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
9 Black Female Athletes Who Proved That #BlackGirlMagic Is Real
1. Serena WilliamsSource:Getty 1 of 9
2. Laila AliSource:Getty 2 of 9
3. Dominique DawesSource:Getty 3 of 9
4. Misty CopelandSource:Getty 4 of 9
5. Simone BilesSource:Getty 5 of 9
6. Gabby DouglasSource:Getty 6 of 9
7. Marion JonesSource:Getty 7 of 9
8. Lisa LeslieSource:Getty 8 of 9
9. Venus WilliamsSource:Getty 9 of 9
Why Nicki Minaj Is Right About The Plight Of Female Rappers [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com