The president of Florida State University, John Thrasher is speaking out after the death of a student. According to USA Today, Thrasher announced that all fraternities and sororities will be banned after the death of a student while at a house party. He said, “I want to send a serious message, I really do. We’ve got a serious problem.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
20-year-old, Andrew Coffey was found dead Friday morning a mile away from campus. According to reports, Coffey was pledging Pi Kappa Phi and although he was treated died while on the scene. From this moment on all fraternity as well as sorority chapters on this campus are not allowed to hold new member events, meetings, tailgates and so much more.
There is also a ban of alcohol on campus and at all Recognized Student Organization events. Thrasher said, “All of our student organizations – Greek organizations and the other recognized student organizations on campus – must step up. They will have to participate in the solution.” The incident happened just after Parents’ Weekend and is still being investigated.
- What You Ordered Online Vs. What Your Received
- Go Awf: Ciara Brings Jersey Club Goodie-ness To “Level Up” Music Video
- Together forever: Kylie Jenner Quiz Travis Scott On Her Personality…
- Raptors agree to deal to acquire Spurs’ Kawhi Leonard for DeMar DeRozan
Our Favorite Celebrity Members of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc
1. Jerry RiceSource:AP 1 of 14
2. Emmitt SmithSource:AP 2 of 14
3. Al RokerSource:AP 3 of 14
4. Hines WardSource:PR Photos 4 of 14
5. Blair UnderwoodSource:PR Photos 5 of 14
6. Terrence HowardSource:PR Photos 6 of 14
7. Bobby JonesSource:Courtesy 7 of 14
8. Bootsy CollinsSource:Courtesy 8 of 14
9. Kurt CarrSource:Courtesy 9 of 14
10. Harry BelafonteSource:AP 10 of 14
11. Bill ClintonSource:AP 11 of 14
12. George Washington Carver12 of 14
13. Flex Alexander13 of 14
14. Malik YobaSource:PR Photos 14 of 14
Greek Life Banned At Florida State University After Student Dies was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com