On June 17th of 2015 Dylann Roof went into Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church and killed nine black churchgoers. Roof faced a trial and recently jury members came to a unanimous decision. According to BET, the 22-year-old has been sentenced to death for this hate crime.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Roof’s defense team said, “We want to express our sympathy to all of the families who were so grievously hurt by Dylann Roof’s actions. Today’s sentencing decision means that this case will not be over for a very long time.” A formal sentence will begin on Wednesday in which families will be able to speak in court. Reports also say that Roof asked the judge for a new defense team so he could possibly have a retrial.
- ‘Empire’ Recap: Cookie Lands A Promising New Signee
- Beef Not Done?? Pusha T Reveals Drake Producer “40” Leaked Hidden Baby Information
- La La And Carmelo Anthony Back Together? [EXCLUSIVE]
- Is Cardi B Is A Better Performer (And Twerker) Than Nicki Minaj?
20 Pictures That Show The Powerful Resilience Of Charleston’s Mother Emanuel AME Church
1. Mother Emanuel AME Church held its first service since the shooting death of nine African-American church members on June 17.1 of 20
2. People line up to enter for Sunday service at the Emanuel AME Church.2 of 20
3. Two children wait to enter the Emanuel AME Church June 21, 2015 in Charleston, South Carolina.3 of 20
4. A member of the church is seen outside of Emanuel AME before its first service since the Charleston shooting.4 of 20
5. A Charleston County sheriff’s deputy checks bags as people line up to enter for Sunday service at the Emanuel AME Church.5 of 20
6. Gloria Moore watches the church as parishioners take their seats at the Emanuel AME Church.6 of 20
7. A woman prays as she attends the Sunday service outside of the Emanuel AME Church.7 of 20
8. People pray and listen to the Sunday service outside of the Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, South Carolina.8 of 20
9. Parishioners sit at Emanuel AME Church four days after a mass shooting that claimed the lives of its pastor and eight others.9 of 20
10. The Rev. Norvel Goff, right, prays at the empty seat of the Rev. Clementa Pinckney.10 of 20
11. South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, R-S.C., embraces U.S. Sen Tim Scott, R-S.C., at Emanuel AME Church.11 of 20
12. A parishioner prays at the empty seat of the Rev. Clementa Pinckney at the Emanuel AME Church.12 of 20
13. The congregation departs following Sunday services at the Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, South Carolina.13 of 20
14. A family is seen leaving Emanuel AME Church following Sunday services.14 of 20
15. People embrace as they depart the Emanuel AME Church following Sunday services.15 of 20
16. Church members comfort one another after Emanuel’s first service since the Charleston shooting.16 of 20
17. Church members comfort one another outside of Emanuel.17 of 20
18. A mother and son surround a memorial for the nine church members killed during the Charleston shooting.18 of 20
19. Charleston natives comfort each other during the church’s first service since the shooting on June 17.19 of 20
20. Activist DeRay McKesson is seen outside of Emanuel AME church.20 of 20
Dylann Roof Sentenced To Death For Church Shooting was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com