Tis is the season where retailers around the country are looking for extra help for the holiday season. Many are labeling these jobs as seasonal but we want to give you tips on turning that temp position into a possible career.
Some companies like UPS are looking seasonal workers that will stay long after the holidays are over. In the last three years, 35 percent of the seasonal workers for the company were hired permanently.
Local stores like Anthony Thomas are looking for seasonal workers to stay onboard after the holiday season.
Retailers around the country are gearing up for their busiest season of the year. To do that, many are companies are expanding their seasonal army.
“When we find good people, we start working with them right away in hopes to entice them to stay with us. We’ve been very fortunate,” said Candi Trifelos, director of retail operations for Anthony Thomas. “We have had a lot of our employees, have continued on past the holidays and became permanent employees with us; some of them even working their way up to managers.”
Sounds good? Here are other companies hiring seasonal employees around central Ohio include:
Sam’s Club & Walmart
Honey Baked Ham
Bath & Body Works
Toys R Us
14 Relatives We Are Not Looking Forward to Seeing Over the Holiday
1. “The Drunk Uncle”1 of 14
2. “The Couple You Know Shouldn’t Be Together”….Awkward2 of 14
3. “Mr. or Mrs. Loves to Take Plates Home”3 of 14
4. “The Relative Always Asking to Borrow Something”4 of 14
5. “The One Who Brings The Cheap Stuff, but Drinks the Good Stuff”5 of 14
6. “The Relative Who Always Has Something to Say”6 of 14
7. “The Babymama”7 of 14
8. “The Thug”8 of 14
9. “The Relative Who Brings Some Nasty Food”9 of 14
10. “The Relative with Sticky Fingers”10 of 14
11. “The Relative with the Bad A** Kids”11 of 14
12. “The High Relatives”12 of 14
13. “The Too Crunk or Senile Grandma”13 of 14
14. “The Relative with the Wordy Blessing”14 of 14