Several Black men during court told the story about a Chicago officer that demanded money from them and threatened to arrest them if they didn’t pay. According to Essence, the men also shared that Officer Ronald Watts would handcuff them and stuff drugs in their pockets. The men received justice by the judge and had their convictions cleared.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
It is reported to be the largest mass exoneration in Chicago. The men that were arrested also spoke about how it was common that Black people in the city experience these shake downs a lot. One of the men, Leonard Gipson, said, “Everyone knew if you’re not going to pay Watts, you were going to jail. That’s just the way it was going.” He had two convictions tossed out in court.
The 15 men arrested faced sentences that ranged from probation to a decade. The city of Chicago has paid a half billion dollars to settle several police misconduct cases. Some of the men may sue the city and department, but there is no word on which ones will go through with it.
- Did Colin Kaepernick Make IG Model Pay For Her Own Flight ?
- Kappa Alpha Psi Hosted The Clemson University Party Where The Floor Collapsed
- Police Offer Flimsy Excuse For Cop Caught On Video Punching Unarmed 14-Year-Old Girl During Arrest
- Mega Millions and Powerball Jackpot Rises To A Combined $2 Billion
Celebrities Arrested Two or More Times
1. Martin Sheen: 66 times1 of 16
2. Bobby Brown: 7 times2 of 16
3. Mike Tyson: 7 times3 of 16
4. Robert Downey Jr.: 6 times4 of 16
5. DMX: 13 times5 of 16
6. Lil’ Wayne: 4 times6 of 16
7. Sean Penn: 6 times7 of 16
8. Lindsay Lohan: 6 times8 of 16
9. Chris Brown: 2 Times9 of 16
10. Paris Hilton: 3 times10 of 16
11. Foxy Brown: 7 times11 of 16
12. R. Kelly: 3 times12 of 16
13. Naomi Campbell: 3 times13 of 16
14. George Michael: 7 times14 of 16
15. Charles Barkley: 4 times15 of 16
16. The late Amy Winehouse: 5 times16 of 16
15 Black Men That Were Arrested By Corrupt Cop Cleared Of Convictions was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com