After a whirlwind of cheating rumors, an elevator fight, and the subsequent iconic music releases from the Carter-Knowles clan, Jay-Z & Beyonce‘s marital challenges are still making headlines. Hov sat down for an interview with the New York Times and shed some light on everything leading up to “Lemonade” and “4:44,” two albums that will undoubtedly go down in music history.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Jay explained the emotional turmoil he was going through leading up to his infidelities, and where it all stemmed from. He cited growing up in the hood, and the complex relationship men from neighborhoods like that have with their own emotions. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from Gary’s Tea on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Watch the Future History Makers Virtual Awards Banquet 2021
- Win Extra Stimmy Cash From Power!!!
- New Affirmation Anthem: Celebs Issa Rae, Yara Shahidi & More Join Yung Baby Tate’s #IAM TikTok Challenge
- Jennifer Garner And Mark Ruffalo’s Adorable ’13 Going on 30′ Reunion Has Fans Reminiscing
- Republican Hypocrisy On Full Display As State Senators Demand Student-Athletes Stop Kneeling
- Civil Rights Leaders Unite To Demand Congress Pass The George Floyd Justice In Policing Act
How “Survival Mode” Contributed To Jay-Z’s Infidelity [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com