Gloria Carter might have raised a rap mogul, but over the years has helped other children. Gloria co-founded The Shawn Carter Foundation and recently joined a partnership that will allow children that can’t afford college to go. According to Essence, Gloria received a letter from a high school graduate that made her want to do more.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
When talking about the letter she said, “She didn’t think she was college material. There’s so many people that have a desire to go to college, but they can’t get the funding. With me taking on this responsibility, we make dreams come true.” The partnership with eBay for Charity will help because the money will provide scholarships for a lot of children.
Celebrities such as Rihanna, The Weeknd and Bruno Mars have all donated. Over the last decade the fund has helped expose students to HBCU’s and pay for college. While there has been so much going on with education funding, Gloria is happy to help in any way she can.
- Watch the Future History Makers Virtual Awards Banquet 2021
- Win Extra Stimmy Cash From Power!!!
- Watch Ryan Cameron’s Hall Of Fame Ceremony Saturday, Feb. 27th!
- BHM Spotlight: Carl Lamarre Is Forging A Path For Black Creators Through Music, Media & Community
- Keri Hilson On Her Role ‘Don’t Waste Your Pretty’ & The Worst Piece Of Relationship Advice She’s Heard [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Throwback: Halle Berry’s Sexy 90s Dress Sends Twitter Into A Tizzy