Leona Lewis entered into the music industry with a powerful voice and has continued to stay successful. In a recent interview with Glamour the singer talked about not only being in the entertainment industry, but a health scare that affected her. When fans were first introduced to Lewis she was 20 and had curly blond hair.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Around that time Lewis noticed that so many people in the industry had straight hair and she wanted it done as well. She said, “I was new to that world, I went along with it. Plus I also felt different when my hair was straightened: I felt polished. And so I continued to straighten it for years.” A year and a half into it though she began feeling chronic fatigue, pains in her neck and throat.
Lewis found out that she had Hashimoto disease and it affects women for the most part. She said, “When I was first diagnosed, I was absolutely devastated; I felt very scared and alone until I began to research and understand how others were living with the disease.” She began taking medication and stopped straightening her hair. It helped her reduce toxins to her body and become healthier.
- The Top Five Reasons To Go See Jordan Peele’s Movie ‘Us’
- Delaware County Introduces New Program Offers Free Books On Buses
- Columbus Sues State Over Ability To Pass Local Gun Laws
- A Woman Wins Abel Prize
Check Out The Top Hairstyles At The 2017 American Music Awards
1. TRACEE ELLIS ROSSSource: 1 of 13
2. TRACEE ELLIS ROSSSource: 2 of 13
3. DIANA ROSSSource: 3 of 13
4. DIANA ROSSSource: 4 of 13
5. YARA SHAHIDISource: 5 of 13
6. YARA SHAHIDISource: 6 of 13
7. KELLY ROWLANDSource: 7 of 13
8. KELLY ROWLANDSource: 8 of 13
9. VIOLA DAVISSource: 9 of 13
10. VIOLA DAVISSource: 10 of 13
11. CIARASource: 11 of 13
12. CIARASource: 12 of 13
13. CIARASource: 13 of 13
Leona Lewis Stops Straightening Her Hair For Health Reasons was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com