As we approach Martin Luther King Jr. day, Jeff Johnson talked about how going to say the “ I Have A Dream” speech isn’t enough. Johnson talked about how when King was killed he was challenging people. He also talked about how he was a leader that evolved and did more than just fight civil rights issues.
If we are celebrating him we must do more than just say a speech. Johnson also talked about how we need to support and watch the NAACP Image Awards. It is about our culture, our movies, our music and it’s a show that celebrates us.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Lebron James to Star in “Space Jam 2”
- Bye, ESPN! Jemele Hill Has A New Job And It’s With LeBron James
- Dallas Police Chief Claims She Is ‘Prohibited’ From Firing Amber Guyger
- ‘Creed II’ + 9 Other Black Films You Should See Before The End Of 2018
- New Information In Memphis Police Shooting Of Black Man Raises Concerns Of A Cover-Up
- How An Iowa Supreme Court Decision Could Impact Driving While Black
- Sooo…Diesel Chose Nicki Minaj For Anti-Bullying Campaign & People Have Questions
- Entertainment Rundown Columbus Short Another Warrant Issued for His Arrest!
- Why Black Tony Was Laying In The Bed With A White Man [EXCLUSIVE]
- Where’s Justice? Stephon Clark’s Family, Sharpton Repeat Call Six Months After Father’s Death