Every year all over the United States people come out to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. day to honor his work and legacy for the change he brought to the country and to the Black community.
Harry E. Johnson, the head of the Memorial Foundation is hosting the 7th Annual Wreath Laying at the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial in Washington D.C.
“Two generations of Americans did not know who Dr. King was,” explained Johnson. “So it’s important to keep his dream alive.”
This year being the 50th anniversary of the assassination of Dr.King, Johnson believes it’s important to tell our children about the work and legacy of Dr. King.
“There is still much more that we need to do. We need to teach our kids about Dr.King and the things that he stood for,” expressed Johnson.
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
10 Iconic Photos To Honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Amazing Civil Rights Legacy 50 Years Later
1. We miss you, Dr. King1 of 10
2. “…mother, father and child is the main educational agency of mankind.”2 of 10
3. The March to Montgomery3 of 10
4. A King in the White House4 of 10
5. Birds of a feather…5 of 10
6. King at home6 of 10
7. King pushed hard against segregation7 of 10
8. “I Have A Dream”8 of 10
9. April 4, 19689 of 10
10. A monument fit for a King10 of 10
GET THE HOTTEST STORIES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX:
Why Is It Important To Honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.? was originally published on www.blackamericaweb.com