Social media continues to get people into a lot of trouble. University of Alabama student, Harley Barber, will no longer be enrolled at the university after racist social media videos surfaced. According to Okay Player, she posted videos on Instagram on Martin Luther King Day and a lot of people found out about it.
Barber said, “I love how I act like I love black people because I f**king hate ni**ers, so that’s really interesting. I f**king hate ni**ers, but I just saved the f**king ni**ers by shutting that water off.” The university investigated it and President Stuart Bell released a statement that was shared on social media.
He said, “In light of the racist and disturbing videos posted by one of our students on social media, I want to express my personal disgust and disappointment. Like many of you, I find the videos highly offensive and deeply hurtful, not only to our students and our entire University community, but to everyone who viewed them. The actions of this student do not represent the larger student body or the values of our University, and she is no longer enrolled here.” Barber apologized and said, “I did something really, really bad. I don’t know what to do and I feel horrible. I’m wrong and there’s just no excuse for what I did.”
- Melanie Fiona’s Long Time Boyfriend Surprises Her With Proposal [PHOTO]
- Why Wale Left Atlantic Records
- LaVar Ball Threatens The Lakers
- Why Cardi B Can’t Wait To See Offset [VIDEO]
- “Rise Of The Black Panther” Writer Talks About More Opportunities For Black Comic Book Writers [VIDEO]
- Black-Owned Lipstick Line Being Sold At Target
- Why Jason Derulo Mentioned Jordin Sparks In A Tweet
- Meek Mill Is Getting An Appeal Hearing
- Check Out How People Are Showing Up To See ‘Black Panther’ Across The Country And Then Get Your Outfit Together
- Former Playmate Reveals She Had Lengthy Affair With Donald Trump