“Black-ish” has been a hit on ABC since it began and has only gotten more popular overtime. Ross has not only won a Golden Globe for her role, but recently received a NAACP Award for Outstanding Actress. She is making headlines once again because now she is fighting to get a pay raise so it can be similar to her co-star Anthony Anderson’s level.
According to The Root, at a recent meeting for #TimesUp, actresses not only addressed sexual assault in the workplace, but gender pay gap as well. Ross spoke out about how she is paid significantly less than Anderson for the hit show. ForHarriet.com claims Anderson makes $100,000 per episode, while Tracee Ellis Ross earns $80,000 for each show. Her pay is now being discussed, but she wants a resolution to this.
Ross if she is not paid more is threatening to do less work for the show. She has even spoke about not appearing in as many episodes and doing other work on the side over “Black-ish.” We hope Ross gets a pay raise and this stops within this industry and others.
- #MicahDixon Kendrick Lamar and SZA being Sued for Stealing Artwork for ‘All the Stars’ Video
- #MicahDixon Entertainment Rundown #TreySongz
- Watch: Beware ‘Black Panther’ Clapbacks If You’re A White Face In A Black Space
- LOL! Millennials Would Still Dominate The Olympics If These Were Real Events
- Everything You Need To Know About Netflix’s Newest Series ‘Alexa And Katie’
- Jimmy Kimmel Finally Explains His On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s National Anthem
- Universal Mood: When Cleaning The House To Music Turns Into A Full Video Shoot — Thank Nicki Minaj
- Jennifer Love Hewitt Is Looking Thicker Than A Bowl Of Oatmeal These Days
- The Future: Teen Raises Over $20K For Girls To See ‘A Wrinkle In Time’
- Even Animals Aren’t Feeling Fergie’s National Anthem