For a short period of time, the government shut down this week, because of division over immigration policy. Jeff Johnson explains how some Democrats in Republican states seem to have folded and given in to a deal that shouldn’t have been struck in the first place.
So even though the shutdown is over, Democrats didn’t really get anything out of the deal they struck. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from 3 Things You Should Know on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Nominate Your Hometown Shero As We’re Celebrating Women Leading Change In Our Communities!
- ‘What A Bunch Of B.S.’: Family Of 5-Year-Old Critically Injured In Britt Reid’s DWI Crash Scoffs At Charges
- Watch: Sydney Poitier’s Trailblazing Oscar Win Happened On This Day In 1964
- ‘He Belonged To Us!’: Family Of Daunte Wright Speaks Out; Kim Potter, Brooklyn Center Police Chief Both Resign
- Who’s Cappin?! Club Says Usher Didn’t Use ‘Ushbucks’ To Pay Dancers After Stripper Puts Him On Blast
- Hip Hop Spot: Will Smith Movie ‘Emancipation’ Abandons Georgia Over Voting Restrictions
- Paloma Elsesser Just Pulled Aaliyah’s Roberto Cavalli Dress Out Of The Fashion Arsenal
- FDA is Recommending Pausing the Use of Johnson and Johnson Vaccine in the U.S.
- Chrisette Michele’s New Buzz Cut Makes Me Want To Grab My Clippers
- Out Of Respect For Daunte Wright And A Grieving Community, Minnesota Teams Cancel Games
Jeff Johnson: Why The 2018 Government Shutdown Is “Punk Stuff” [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com