Leave it to the ageless Angela Bassett to make a sartorial splash at the “Black Panther” premiere in Hollywood. As if the movie is not exciting enough with an all-black cast and pre-sale tickets already going out the roof, many of us (self included) are excited for the clothing we can expect to see. For the premiere, Angela didn’t disappoint in a $14,000 Naeem Khan Spring 2017 yellow fringed jumpsuit.
Thank you again at @im.angelabassett for wearing my work. The ring was made custom. For this event so it was named “Queen Angela Ring”, the Earrings got a name change today from Vanessa Earrings to Angela Earrings. The pieces are available on www.metalamdcanvas.com shout out to the stylist who made the opportunity possible @jlynnstyle18 #blackexcellence #blackpanther #Darrellroach of #DarrellRoachDesigns maker of #DarrellRoachJewelry for nearly 20 years. “Girls Wear Jewelry, Women Wear Darrell Roach.” #gratitude
She finished off the look with gold platform heels by Le Silla, and jewelry by Gismondi, One Sex, Dorriean and Darrell Roache (that custom ring is everything!). And while it’s pretty hard to find another yellow-fringed jumpsuit, here are a few options if you’re ready to sport your #Lemonade magic like Angela.
In the same collection, Khan showed a fringed mini dress that had the same structure and making of its jumpsuit alter ego. Yes, it’s quite a splurge for $6,700. However, The Dolls House Fashion makes a red fringe jumpsuit (thedollshousefashion.com, $495) that’ll give you all the fringe you could ever need! To add a bit of gold heelage in your life, we’re always thinking Gucci. These $920 Gucci gold metallic platform heels are sure to steal the show.
Let’s say you’re more focused on adding something bright and yellow to your wardrobe. Though it doesn’t have the fringe, this $79.00 lace-up jumpsuit from Urban Outfitters is dainty and feminine with a brocade style, still able to turn heads. The bold color will cost you more in fringe. If you want the fringe factor and okay in having it in a dress form, try this ASOS fringe mesh strappy bodycon dress in a sherbert orange ($48.00).
If you’re just in the field for a yellow jumpsuit (aren’t we all?) try looking at high-street stores for general renditions to designer looks from the runway. This yellow jumpsuit from ASOS (asos.com, $64) has an elastic waistband so you’ll have room to dance around all night, and if you’re really strapped for cash, this yellow Boohoo jumpsuit also has a little fringe detail and is only $31! Either of these options will look fab with some show-stopping heels. Speaking of heels, these Theresa platforms by Chinese Laundry (nordstrom.com, $70) are inexpensive with a great platform for easy comfort and long nights out.
See All Of Angela Bassett's Best Red Carpet Moments Throughout The Years
1. 2017 Creative Arts Emmy AwardsSource:Getty 1 of 33
2. 2017 FOX UpfrontSource:Getty 2 of 33
3. 74th Annual Golden Globe Awards (2017)Source:Getty 3 of 33
4. 68th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards (2016)Source:Getty 4 of 33
5. 73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards (2016)Source:Getty 5 of 33
6. EE British Academy Film Awards (2016)Source:Getty 6 of 33
7. Galia Lahav Los Angeles Flagship Store Grand Opening (2016)Source:Getty 7 of 33
8. 12th Annual MusiCares MAP Fund Benefit Concert Honoring Smokey Robinson (2016)Source:Getty 8 of 33
9. Premiere Of Focus Features' 'London Has Fallen' (2016)Source:Getty 9 of 33
10. Premiere Screening Of FX's 'American Horror Story: Hotel' (2015)Source:Getty 10 of 33
11. 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards (2014)Source:Getty 11 of 33
12. 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards (2014)Source:Getty 12 of 33
13. Watch What Happens Live - Season 10 (2013)Source:Getty 13 of 33
14. 2012 BET AwardsSource:Getty 14 of 33
15. The Paul Simon Songbook To Benefit Jazz At Lincoln Center Gala Concert And Dinner (2012)Source:Getty 15 of 33
16. 'Green Lantern' Los Angeles World Premiere (2011)Source:Getty 16 of 33
17. World Premiere Of NOTORIOUS (2009)Source:Getty 17 of 33
18. BET HONORS Award Ceremony (2009)Source:Getty 18 of 33
19. NOTORIOUS Premiere - 59th Berlin Film Festival (2009)Source:Getty 19 of 33
20. Angela Bassett Honored with a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (2008)Source:Getty 20 of 33
21. Heart Truth Red Dress Collection (2007)Source:Getty 21 of 33
22. Escada Grand Opening of the Beverly Hills Flagship Boutique (2007)Source:Getty 22 of 33
23. Jazz at Lincoln Center Celebrates 25 Years of Wynton Marsalis with the 14th Annual Fall Gala (2005)Source:Getty 23 of 33
24. Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund Dinner (2005)Source:Getty 24 of 33
25. Mr. 3000 Los Angeles Premiere (2004)Source:Getty 25 of 33
26. 2004 American Black Film FestivalSource:Getty 26 of 33
27. 2002 Emmy AwardsSource:Getty 27 of 33
28. Vanity Fair Oscar's After Party 2001Source:Getty 28 of 33
29. 'The Score' New York Premiere (2001)Source:Getty 29 of 33
30. World Premiere of 'How Stella Got Her Groove Back' (1999)Source:Getty 30 of 33
31. 16th Annual CFDA Awards Gala (1997)Source:Getty 31 of 33
32. First Annual 'Tribute to Style' Celebration (1996)Source:Getty 32 of 33
33. 66th Annual Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon (1994)Source:Getty 33 of 33
GET THE LOOK: Angela Bassett’s ‘Black Panther’ Yellow Jumpsuit was originally published on hellobeautiful.com