Dennis Edwards of the Temptations died recently in Chicago. According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Grammy-winning singer died from meningitis, but now court documents allege he was abused before he passed. It is reported that his wife, Brenda Edwards abused him at home.
Before his death an investigator with the Healthcare Consortium of Illinois filed a protection order request on behalf of the singer. In the documents it states that Brenda tried to suffocate him. Edwards wasn’t able to leave from his bed and she allegedly stole his hearing aids.
Later on Dennis was removed from the home and Brenda was supposed to go to court to talk about the allegations. In a statement she said, “I loved Dennis, and we were married for 18 years. I would have never done anything to harm him. These allegations are false and defamatory and will be proven as such. Until this is all over, I have no further comment.” Chicago police have open an investigation and the family of Dennis are making arrangements for his memorial service.
- Cuteness Overload! Cardi B Shares Video of Kulture Enjoying Her Daddy’s Music
- Nipsey Hussle And Lauren London Showcase Their Hood Love In GQ Shoot
- WATCH: Jussie Smollett Released on Bond Encounters Aggressive Media Outside Courthouse
- Self Care Health Movement, with “Zipstitch”!
- The Break Up of Blac Chyna and Soulja Boy!!
- Gary’s Tea: Stevie J Opens Up About His Sex Life With Faith, K. Michelle Fan Pulls Out Subpoena On Her & More
- Idris Elba set to host “SNL” with guest performance by Khalid March 9
- The Bodega Hive Is In Full Formation For The ‘Desus & Mero’ Premiere Tonight
- Rapper Blueface could be facing 3 years in prison
- 2 Chainz Calls Out Nike After New Sneaker Is Released