Roxane Gay is a critically acclaimed and New York Times best-selling author. She also was a writer for Marvel’s “Black Panther: World of Wakanda” comic series. The series was cancelled after six issues, but it still served as a major inspiration for the highly-anticipated Black Panther film’s style and storyline, according to an interview Chadwick Boseman gave in 2016.
So, isn’t it kind of messed up that she wasn’t invited to premiere of the movie that her work served as inspiration for? Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from Gary’s Tea on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- CBUS 411 Report: OHSAA Tells Parents To Chill At Their Kid’s Games
- Doin’ The Most Report: Is Nipsey Hussle And Lauren London Engaged?
- 5 Realizations When You Learn An Egg Is The Most Liked Pic On Instagram EVER
- Rihanna Suing Her Dad, Kanye’s Cousin Stealing His Laptop, & More Celebs Who’ve Been Through Some Ugly Family Feuds
- 10 Healthy Meal Delivery Services To Try
- Kanye on ‘Erratic’ Artists ‘We Can Enjoy Their Music,’ Here’s Why Not
- Trending Topics: New Record Deal Could Get Mystikal Out Of Jail, Woman Arrested For Drinking Wine From Pringles Can & More
- Twitter Debates Cleopatra’s Ancestry As Lady Gaga & Angelina Jolie Reportedly Compete To Play The Queen
- How to Get a Marijuana Card in Ohio
- Medical Marijuana Sales Starting In Ohio
Why Wasn’t Black Panther Writer Roxane Gay Invited To The Movie Premiere? [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com