Roxane Gay is a critically acclaimed and New York Times best-selling author. She also was a writer for Marvel’s “Black Panther: World of Wakanda” comic series. The series was cancelled after six issues, but it still served as a major inspiration for the highly-anticipated Black Panther film’s style and storyline, according to an interview Chadwick Boseman gave in 2016.
So, isn’t it kind of messed up that she wasn’t invited to premiere of the movie that her work served as inspiration for? Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from Gary’s Tea on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- The Sauce Boiling Seafood Express Opening in Gahanna
- Big Purr! MUA Mimi Choi Shows Us How To Recreate The Cowardly Lion For Halloween
- ‘January 6th Energy’: Anti-Vax Protest For Kyrie Irving To Play Compared To Capitol Insurrection
- Rare Legal Proceeding Examining Eric Garner’s Killing Set To Start Monday
- Vote Yes on 2: Minneapolis Deserves Big Change Not More Small Promises
- Draya Michele Sets The Internet Ablaze In A ‘Barely There’ Chain Skirt
- The Dads On Duty Group Helps Quell Violence At Louisiana High School
- Issa Rae And Yvonne Orji Channeled Lil’ Kim At Final ‘Insecure Fest’
- Freeway Mourns The Passing Of His Daughter Harmony
- Michael B. Jordan Gave A Sweet Speech At Lori Harvey’s SKN Launch Party: ‘There’s No Place I’d Rather Be’
Why Wasn’t Black Panther Writer Roxane Gay Invited To The Movie Premiere? [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com