Judge Genece Brinkley’s name made many headlines after giving Meek Mill’s two to four years for violating probation. Weeks after Mill’s legal team accused her of unethical practice and claimed she gave the rapper that much time because he wouldn’t sign with her friend that is a manager. In a report by XXL the judge is now taking matters into her own hands.
Brinkley claims that the legal team is attacking her so that they can try to overturn his sentence. She recently hired A. Charles Peruto Jr. to help fight against his legal team. Peruto said, “[Meek Mill’s lawyer] is a circus clown. He wasn’t there, yet he gave all sorts of interviews saying the judge had this discussion, tried to coax Meek into switching managers. It didn’t happen.”
Meeks team has requested that Brinkley give up certain documents that will prove what they are saying is right. Peruto said, “As soon as I got back and I read the transcript, I told the judge to release the transcript, because it completely flies in the face of his allegations. He is not representing Meek Mill the proper way. He should fight these things in court and not have TV and newspaper publicity surrounding how bad the judge is. This is a very ethical jurist. And he’s going to get nowhere.” We will keep you updated on this story.
- Who Done It: Robber Shoots Himself In The Hand [EXCLUSIVE]
- Why Jazz In The Gardens Means So Much To Rickey Smiley [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Tamar Braxton Teases Talk Show Debut?
- Woman Gets $10,000 Voucher From United Airlines For Giving Up Her Seat
- SLAY: Naomi Campbell To Receive 2018 CFDA Fashion Icon Award
- Jeezy Announces Retirement; Says “Thug Motivation 104: Trust The Process” Will Be His Last Album
- Are Tiny and T.I. Planning To Renew Their Vows?
- Make It Rain : Comedian/Producer Byron Allen Buys Weather Channel For $300 Million
- RIP: This Woman Staged A Funeral For Her Youth On Her 30th Birthday
- Change Of Heart? After Calling 2Pac ‘Boring,’ Lil Xan Plays His Music At A Concert