Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- ‘LHHMIAS2’ Recap: Trina Mediates A Peace Talk Between Joy And Shay
- (Sigh): 6 Reasons It’s Mid-January & Your New Year Resolutions Are Already Dying
- Marjorie Harvey Posted A Video Of Grandchildren Pretend Breastfeeding, Sends The Internet Into An Uproar
- Future Didn’t Want Fans to Know He Quit Lean!
- City Girls And Cardi B’s “Twerk” Video Is Here (And It’s NSFW As Can Be) [NEW VIDEO]
- Gregg Leakes Apologizes To NeNe For Lashing Out At Her: ‘She Deserves Much More’
- Waka Flocka And Tammy Rivera Share How They Keep Their Relationship Spicy And Why It Was So Important For Them To Go On “Marriage Bootcamp”
- Gary’s Tea: Amber Rose Admits To Trying To Sell Crack, Kim Kardashian Shades Khloe Kardashian & More
- Terry Crews On Black Women: ‘They Supported Me The Most After My Sexual Assault’
- Mainstream Media Needs To Figure Out How To Call Racists Racist