Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- Green Eyes: How Safaree & Nicki Minaj War Gives Lessons On Insecurity
- The Craziest And Shadiest Diva Moments From The “Got 2B Real” YouTube Series
- Cardi B is Replaced by FOUR acts on the 24K Magic Tour!
- City Show Tekashi69 and 50 Cent Shots Fired……No for real shots fired at video shoot
- Awkward Game Show Clips: This Question About The Obamas Would’ve Never Stumped A Black Man
- City Show #JesusTakeTheWheel Nun gets busted smuggling COCAINE in the heels of her shoes!!!
- In Case You Missed It: Sarah Sanders Defends Donald Trump Calling Omarosa “Dog”
- ‘Love Is’ Recap: Nuri Drops A Major Bombshell About Her Past
- Nicki Minaj’s Public Quarrel With Safaree Is A Reminder Black Women Are Loyal To A Fault
- CBUS 411 Report: Zack Smith Meet With Investigators