Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- #WordEyeHeard: Young Thug Not Releasing Music This Year Because of Deaf Brother
- #WordEyeHeard: Michael B. Jordan Checks Twitter Troll
- #MicahDixon Blac Chyna Says its a Look Alike, in Leaked Sex Tape
- #MicahDixon Will and Jaden Smith Create Eco-Friendly Water Company
- Erica Ash Educating Others On The Word ‘B*tch’ Feels Like A Scene Straight Out Of ‘Insecure’
- Watching These ASMR Videos Will Definitely Give You A Head Orgasm
- Remixing Your Cover Letter Into A Song Could Get You A Job, According To This Woman
- Several Central Ohio Schools Receive Threats
- Mo’Nique And Whoopi Get Into It On ‘The View’
- Black Excellence: 8 Things You Probably Didn’t Know Were Invented By Black People