Mary J. Blige might be an amazing singer, but has been taking her talents to television lately. Deadline reports that the Academy Award nominee for “Mudbound” just landed a role on Netflix’s series “The Umbrella Academy.” The show is based upon a popular novel by Gerard Way.
“The Umbrella Academy” will follow members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes as they try to solve the mysterious death of their father. Blige will play a hit woman and will travel to kill assigned targets. She has a reputation to be sociopathic and believes in torturing people.
The show will be executive produced by Steve Blackman and Gerard Way will serve as the co-executive producer. There is no date on when the show will come out, but fans should be excited. Congratulations to Mary J. Blige on this new opportunity.
- Enter to Win a Shopping Spree from Gucci Mane
- WATCH: Music Business Mondays with Juicy J
- Ohio house adds Transgender Sports Ban to Profits Rights Bill for College Athletes
- Megan Thee Stallion Shows Off Her FashionNova Swimwear Collection With A Twerk Session
- Crash The Bash Flyaway Contest
- With Senate Confirmation, Candace Jackson-Akiwumi Becomes The Only Black Woman To Currently Serve On Chicago Appeals Court
- The Cast From ‘A Different World’ Reunite On E!’s ‘Reunion Road Trip’
- Black Farmers In Limbo As Racist Federal Lawsuit Halts Federal Debt Relief Program
- Video Shows Rihanna & ASAP Rocky Denied Entry To NY Bar, Security Doesn’t Know Them
- DaBaby Becomes Da Designer: DaBaby Announces His Limited Edition Collection With Boohoo Man
- Who’s Cappin?! Sounds About White: Indiana Woman Gets Probation In First Capitol Riot Sentencing
- ‘The Upshaws’ Has Been Renewed For Season 2 & The Cast Celebrates With A Virtual Dance Party