Doris Payne is known for being the famed jewelry thief that has made headlines for over six decades. Payne’s story will now come to the big screen as actress, Tessa Thompson will play the jewelry her. Thomson recently made the announcement on Twitter and is excited about it.
She said, “After chasing Doris and her story for years— and then keeping this secret for awhile— I’m screaming that this dream is coming true. She is a deeply fascinating woman. So pleased to bring this story to the screen with CodeBlack & Lionsgate. Beyond grateful.”
People can’t believe it, but are excited about the news. In 2013, a documentary was made about her titled, “The Life and Crimes of Doris Payne.” On numerous occasions she was arrested, but Thompson said, “I don’t have any regrets about stealing jewelry, I regret getting caught.”
RELATED: NYPD Is Ready To Arrest Quavo
- Who Done It: Robber Shoots Himself In The Hand [EXCLUSIVE]
- Why Jazz In The Gardens Means So Much To Rickey Smiley [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Tamar Braxton Teases Talk Show Debut?
- Woman Gets $10,000 Voucher From United Airlines For Giving Up Her Seat
- SLAY: Naomi Campbell To Receive 2018 CFDA Fashion Icon Award
- Jeezy Announces Retirement; Says “Thug Motivation 104: Trust The Process” Will Be His Last Album
- Are Tiny and T.I. Planning To Renew Their Vows?
- Make It Rain : Comedian/Producer Byron Allen Buys Weather Channel For $300 Million
- RIP: This Woman Staged A Funeral For Her Youth On Her 30th Birthday
- Change Of Heart? After Calling 2Pac ‘Boring,’ Lil Xan Plays His Music At A Concert