In 2017, there were 356 mass shootings in the United States. As of February 16th, we have had 18 school shootings in 2018. Rickey Smiley reads the names of all the young lives that were lost in Florida on that day, when a 19-year-old entered a high school with an AR-15 and opened fire. Last year, Donald Trump ended the Obama-era gun regulation that made it more difficult for people with mental illness to purchase guns.
Attorney Glennon Threatt discusses the matter, explaining why this shooting was totally preventable. He also talks about the link to domestic terrorism, as a North Florida white supremacist group has confirmed that the shooter was affiliated with, and perhaps even a trained member of, the organization. Click on the audio player to hear him explain that and much more in this exclusive clip from “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Who Done It: Robber Shoots Himself In The Hand [EXCLUSIVE]
- Why Jazz In The Gardens Means So Much To Rickey Smiley [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Tamar Braxton Teases Talk Show Debut?
- Woman Gets $10,000 Voucher From United Airlines For Giving Up Her Seat
- SLAY: Naomi Campbell To Receive 2018 CFDA Fashion Icon Award
- Jeezy Announces Retirement; Says “Thug Motivation 104: Trust The Process” Will Be His Last Album
- Are Tiny and T.I. Planning To Renew Their Vows?
- Make It Rain : Comedian/Producer Byron Allen Buys Weather Channel For $300 Million
- RIP: This Woman Staged A Funeral For Her Youth On Her 30th Birthday
- Change Of Heart? After Calling 2Pac ‘Boring,’ Lil Xan Plays His Music At A Concert