“Black Panther” is finally in theaters and while there some moviegoers will be able to not only see the film, but register to vote. According to Ebony, #WakandaTheVote was started by Electoral Justice Project by founders Kayla Reed, Jessica Byrd and Rukia Lumumba. Their goal is to register as many voters as they can at the theaters.
Redd said, “This weekend we wanted to meet our people in Wakanda. We know that for some it’s a superhero world, but we know that the world we deserve is still waiting to be built — and we want to build it! This upcoming spring and November 2018 midterm elections are an important step in building that new world, and we want to take every opportunity to engage our communities in the conversation of electoral justice. We will be registering people to vote at movie theaters across the country so that we can #wakandathevote at the ballot box.”
They began a launch call and over 1,000 people joined to help start the campaign. The founders also said, “We will be engaged in actions all over the country to educate and motivate black voters as well as launching an intensive campaign manager institute this spring called the Electoral Justice League.” It is such an amazing idea and will help future voters understand why it matters to head to the ballots.
- Rock-T’s NFL: Week 11 [VIDEO]
- Gary’s Tea: Beyonce Is Back To Running Ivy Park Again, Dwyane Wade Gives His Daughter A Piece Of LeBron James Name & More
- How The Death Of Jordin Sparks 16-Year-Old Step-Sister Made Her Want To Help Others Battling Sickle Cell [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Jill Scott Blesses The Mic & Takeoff’s Eyes Reflect Our Deepest Feelings: This Week’s Winners & Losers
- We Imagine Trump Is PISSED A Judge Reinstated Acosta’s Credentials…Which Gives Us That #FridayFeeling
- The Rewind: Mahershala Ali Motors Through Jim Crow’s America & Sade’s Got A New Track
- ‘He Just Started Shooting’: Cop Shot Jemel Roberson ‘Out Of Fear,’ Eyewitness Says
- Mark Wahlberg and Rose Bryne Talk Instant Family, The Red Sox & Parenting
- Melania Trump Whines That People Criticize Her Foolish ‘Be Best’ Campaign
- Black Man Who Was Beat Unconscious By Arizona Police Files $1.97 Million Lawsuit
Voter Registration Happening At “Black Panther” Screenings was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com