Viola Davis in most of her acceptance speeches talks about growing up poor and working hard to get to where she is now. The actress recently opened up to The Root about living in a rat infested apartment where they were on public assistance. Davis also chimed in about Donald Trump and how he wants to get rid off food stamps and make boxes for families.
She spoke about how people don’t talk about poverty and some don’t care. Davis mentioned, “Poor people are invisible. I know, because I was that.” In the video she talked about growing up and sometimes not having enough food to last through the month. Davis said, “I was a rung lower than poor. I was poor.”
- Bernie Sanders Announced 2020 Presidential Run!
- Columbus City Schools Board of Education moves forward with modified facilities plan
- Police: Jussie Smollett Is Now a Suspect, Charges Pending
- The Short North to Help Eliminate Childhood Hunger
- The First Time May Catch Us All Off Guard!
- The Break Up of Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson!!
- Listen To Black Women| Why Are Black Women Being Left Out Of The Mass Incarceration Conversation?
- Covington High Teen Nicholas Sandmann Suing ‘Washington Post For $250M
- Welp! Mo’Nique Shares Edited Clip Of Her Steve Harvey Interview, Titled ‘Selling Out’
- Judge FINALLY Drops Some Restrictions On R. Kelly
Viola Davis: So Bold, Beautiful & Regal
1. Viola DavisSource: 1 of 10
2. Viola DavisSource: 2 of 10
3. Viola DavisSource: 3 of 10
4. Viola DavisSource: 4 of 10
5. Viola DavisSource: 5 of 10
6. Viola DavisSource: 6 of 10
7. Viola DavisSource: 7 of 10
8. Viola DavisSource: 8 of 10
9. Viola DavisSource: 9 of 10
10. Viola DavisSource: 10 of 10
Viola Davis Opens Up About Growing Up In Extreme Poverty [VIDEO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com