Jeff Johnson talked about the student walk out and why one 11-year-old girl decided to stay outside an extra minute. A Black teenager named, Cortland Arrington was gunned down at school in Alabama and the young girl that organized the protest thought her name needed to be remembered. She mentioned that a lot of times when Black girls are killed people might not even know the story or forget about them.
Johnson was also upset that elected officials tried to block the kids from protesting. They just want them to be followers and not be critical thinkers. He also asked the team about if a man and woman could be platonic friends.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Watch: Desus & Mero Talk To Paula Patton About Her New Movie “Traffik”
- Erica Ash Shoots Her Shot With Beyonce While Playing Truth Or Dare With Christian Keyes
- Almost Friday Shmood: If You Don’t Flip Into Your Weekend Like This Squad, You Not Real
- Wendy Williams Came For The Clark Sisters & The Gospel World Came Back At Her
- Men In Flip Flops: Twitter Chimed In & Things Got Intense.
- Here’s Why Fans Believe That The One Feature On J. Cole’s Album Is Actually His Alter Ego
- Nas Is (Still) Like: 8 Lyrics By The G.O.A.T. That Are Still Relevant Today
- Somein’ Ain’t Right With Justin Bieber This Week — Are We Trippin’?
- Ariana Grande Takes Her Ponytail To New Heights & The Internet Descends Into Petty Mode
- #MicahDixon Torrei Hart Says She Appreciate a Good Side Chick