It’s a sad day as Rickey Smiley speaks on the death of 4-year-old, Aniya Day Garrett. She was abused by her mother’s boyfriend on multiple occasions and was found unresponsive by paramedics. The little girl had told her dad and others that she was being hurt, but no one would help her dad, Mikhal Garrett.
Rickey spoke about signs of abuse as well as how the system failed her. Dr. Tart was on the show and discussed not introducing your child so early to the new love of your life because you don’t know them. The mother and boyfriend is now being charged. He wants to bring more awareness on child abuse and wants to help the Garrett family.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
RELATED: Did Dennis Edwards Wife Abuse Him?
- When Should You Sign Your Child Up For Swimming Lessons?
- Meel Mill Releases #FreeMeek Trailer
- St. Patrick’s Weekend Fight Breaks Out Downtown Columbus
- St. Patricks Day Stabbing at Columbus Short North Bar
- Soulja Boy Arrested After Cops Find Ammo!
- Police Seek To Charge Mother In Death Of Little Black Girl Found In Duffel Bag
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis Removes Michael Jackson Artifacts
- Newspaper Owner Who Called for Klan to ‘Ride Again’ Loses Black Editor That Envisioned New Direction
- NCAA Tournament Court Arrives at Nationwide Arena
- Jess Hilarious Accused of Racism After Posting Video of Sikh Man Boarding Her Flight