Columbus OH- Brandie Sharp of Columbus decided to teach her sons the value of working by going with them on a new paper route in the suburb of Upper Arlington when the lesson turned into what Sharp believes was racial profiling.
While Sharp was helping her sons on their nes paper route when they noticed that they left papers on the wrong porch of some homes. So Sharp and her sons, 11-year-old Uriah and 17-year-old Mycah, wanted to make sure their papers were delivered correctly. But then someone called the Upper Arlington police on them and saying that they were walking up to homes and walking away with things in their hands (the newspapers). Sharp said in an interview with ABC6 that when officers showed up and asked what they were doing, “I showed him the thing for the Dispatch, The Bag, the midday week paper, that we get,” she said, “and he said ‘Oh, really?’ and by that time I was kind of like, ‘Okay, why are you questioning me about this?’”
Get Exclusive News and Contest in Your Inbox
Sharp felt she was being profiled because of her race and her sons so she took to Facebook to express her disdain for the way they were treated.
The Upper Arlington Police Department is standing by their actions saying that their interactions were professional. UAPD blames a new city ordinance that many residents aren’t aware of that states newspaper deliveries have to be made on porches or mailslots and not on driveways.
- CITY SHOW Former Buckeye Defensive End Mike Kudla dead at 34
- CITY SHOW “City Not At The Movies” Today We Review “Overlord”
- Faith Evans And Stevie J Married In Las Vegas
- WIN: Wiz Khalifa’s Rolling Papers II
- What You Ordered Online Vs. What Your Received
- Go Awf: Ciara Brings Jersey Club Goodie-ness To “Level Up” Music Video
- Together forever: Kylie Jenner Quiz Travis Scott On Her Personality…
- Raptors agree to deal to acquire Spurs’ Kawhi Leonard for DeMar DeRozan
- 50 Cent Backs Off Clowning Atlanta Out Of Respect For 2 Chainz
- Kanye West Wanted To Shoot Pornographic Videos For “TLOP” Back In 2016: Report
Black Woman From Columbus Area Has Police Called On Her For Delivering Papers With Her Sons was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com