Dr. Collier is back and is talking about prostate exams. Lung cancer is the #1 cancer killing both men and women. Prostate cancer is #2 in causing the death of men. Dr. Collier mentioned that at the age of 40 all men should receive a prostate exam.
Men should go to the doctor and ask to get a D.R.E. which is a digital rectal exam. He mentioned it takes about 10 seconds, but it could save your life. The doctor touches the prostate with two fingers and feels for inflammation as well as a hard part, which would determine that you have cancer.
Dr. Collier spoke about the first time that he had to do the exam and how he wasn’t nervous. He was working at a center for vets and 20-30 of them lined up and he had to give them exams. Dr. Collier told everyone it’s a simple procedure and amongst heart attacks and high blood pressure, prostate cancer is killing a lot of men.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- T.I.’s Sister, Precious Harris, Dead at 66
- R. Kelly Charged With 10 Counts Of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- New Heat For Your Playlist: Gunna
- New England Patriots Owner Robert Kraft Wanted In Florida Prostitution Sting
- Jussie Smollett Suspended From Empire
- Sisterwives or Nah: Man Arrested For having 3 Wives in Different States
- It’s National Margarita Day!
- Tanya Bell and Her Journey To Indiana Black Expo
- LeBron James’ ‘Space Jam 2’ Set For 2021 Release
- Cuteness Overload! Cardi B Shares Video of Kulture Enjoying Her Daddy’s Music
11 Celebrities Who’ve Battled Cancer
1. Sophia VergaraSource: 1 of 11
2. Angelina JolieSource: 2 of 11
3. Leah StillSource: 3 of 11
4. Big AngSource: 4 of 11
5. Hugh JackmanSource: 5 of 11
6. Brandi MaxielleSource: 6 of 11
7. Robin RobertsSource: 7 of 11
8. Stuart ScottSource: 8 of 11
9. Giuliana RancicSource: 9 of 11
10. Taylor Swift’s mom, Andrea Swift.Source: 10 of 11
11. Diem BrownSource: 11 of 11
Dr. Collier Explains How Prostate Exams Work [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com