John David Washington is still hanging out with us on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.” He spoke about what it was like to work with Spike Lee on “BlacKkKlansman” as well as meeting the real man that was the detective he plays. John mentioned that he got to see his KKK card and speak about the experience that changed his life.
During that time in that particular city no KKK attacks were done. John also spoke about watching the film for the first time and feeling embarrassed for his country because it feels so similar to what’s going on today. It’s easy to forget sometimes, but racism is very much so still around.
John also spoke about the 4th season of “Ballers” coming up and how he’s been living his best life. Acting is something that John is so passionate about and happy to follow in his dad, Denzel Washington’s footsteps. John can’t wait for fans to go check out the film and hope it not only educated them, but they enjoy it.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET!
- Meek Mill Drains No Look Half Court Shot For $50k
- Fire Me: 8 Pop Culture Figures Who Would Be Horrible Bosses
- Here’s Who We Would Cast In An All Black Live-Action Remake Of ‘The Little Mermaid’
- Does Racism Affect Police-Community Relations? Black Chief Says No
- Ella Mai Speaks on Jacquees ‘Trip’ Controversy
- Melania Trump’s Team Calls For Boycott Of T.I. After Rapper Releases Raunchy Video With Melania Look-Alike
- T.I. New Music Video “The Weekend”
- From Oprah To Chance The Rapper, African-Americans Are Trying To Fight Hunger In Practical Ways
- BodyCam Shows Officers Rushing to Gun Response to Find it was Two Kids!
- ‘Most Bullied’ Melania Trump Is In Her Feelings Over T.I.’s New Video