John David Washington is still hanging out with us on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.” He spoke about what it was like to work with Spike Lee on “BlacKkKlansman” as well as meeting the real man that was the detective he plays. John mentioned that he got to see his KKK card and speak about the experience that changed his life.
During that time in that particular city no KKK attacks were done. John also spoke about watching the film for the first time and feeling embarrassed for his country because it feels so similar to what’s going on today. It’s easy to forget sometimes, but racism is very much so still around.
John also spoke about the 4th season of “Ballers” coming up and how he’s been living his best life. Acting is something that John is so passionate about and happy to follow in his dad, Denzel Washington’s footsteps. John can’t wait for fans to go check out the film and hope it not only educated them, but they enjoy it.
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET!
- Schools Fail To Consult With Black Parents When Their Kids Were Targets Of Racist Bullying
- Minneapolis’ Black Community Sends Message To Police That It Doesn’t ‘Tolerate Racism’
- Lone Witness In Botham Jean Shooting Breaks Silence After Being ‘Blacklisted’: Report
- Let It Gooo: 10 Classic Shows We’d Rather See On Netflix Besides Friends
- New Magazine To Explore The Black Student Experience At Temple University
- #BlackExcellence: Three African-American Students Selected As 2019 Rhodes Scholars
- Kid Cudi, Wiz Khalifa & More Own The Spotlight At BAPE Heads Show In NYC
- Vindicated! Powerful Civil Rights Lawyer Lee Merritt Shuts Down Bogus Texas Claims
- CBUS 411 Report: Bank Robbers Accused Of Pistol Whipping Tellers
- Doin’ The Most Report: Diddy Begs God To ‘Take The Pain Away’