Dr. Jackie from “Married To Medicine,” stopped by “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about breast cancer. She has always been very open about her battle with breast cancer and how she survived it twice. This month is Breast Cancer Awareness month and Dr. Jackie wants to talk about ways that can help women and men find out if they have it.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She mentioned that early detection and knowing your family history is very important. If you know that your great-grandmother or anyone in your family battled the disease it can help you when going to see your doctor. Dr. Jackie also wants people to know that doing your own breast examinations as well as going to get mammograms every year at a certain age can help as well. She mentioned that one of her youngest patients that passed from breast cancer was only 18-years-old.
Dr. Jackie also spoke about her amazing organization 50 Shades of Pink. During the month of October, she puts on a gala to help raise money to find a cure as well as some women to get treatment. Dr. Jackie believes in calling women that face breast cancer warriors and wants everyone to understand that early detection is the best protection.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Tekashi 6ix9ine Snitches On Gang Members, Name Drops Trippie Red
- GM Is Building $175M Facility In Ohio, Bringing 100 New Jobs!
- Columbus Native Is The New Face Of The Columbus Police Department!
- Swizz Beatz Tells His Son When Kids Call Him The N-Word It’s A Form Of ‘Love’
- NFL Loses Two of It’s Biggest Stars to Injury
- Wale Announces New Album
- 2 Olentangy Teens, Sentenced for Contaminating Teachers’ Food With Semen
- ‘Black And Blue’ Tackles The Uncomfortable Truths Of Being A Black, Female Police Officer Today
- Kanye West Confirms Gospel Album Release Date
- Jeannie Mai Recounts Salsa Dancing on Her First Date With Jeezy