Dr. Jackie from “Married To Medicine,” stopped by “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about breast cancer. She has always been very open about her battle with breast cancer and how she survived it twice. This month is Breast Cancer Awareness month and Dr. Jackie wants to talk about ways that can help women and men find out if they have it.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She mentioned that early detection and knowing your family history is very important. If you know that your great-grandmother or anyone in your family battled the disease it can help you when going to see your doctor. Dr. Jackie also wants people to know that doing your own breast examinations as well as going to get mammograms every year at a certain age can help as well. She mentioned that one of her youngest patients that passed from breast cancer was only 18-years-old.
Dr. Jackie also spoke about her amazing organization 50 Shades of Pink. During the month of October, she puts on a gala to help raise money to find a cure as well as some women to get treatment. Dr. Jackie believes in calling women that face breast cancer warriors and wants everyone to understand that early detection is the best protection.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- ‘Black Girls Don’t Get To Be Girls’: Black Mom Pepper-Sprayed By Rochester Cop In Latest Violent Encounter
- ‘Bloody Sunday’: Selma March Anniversary Held Without John Lewis, Other Civil Rights Legends For First Time
- Brown Girl Jane Taps Birchbox To Help Celebrate Women’s History Month With #BrownGirlSwap Part 2!
- Mass Vaccination Clinics Opening Throughout Ohio
- Voter Suppression Bills In Georgia: Companies Donating To Republicans’ ‘Big Lie’ Stay Silent
- Scary Hours: Mitch McConnell Is Reportedly Positioning Daniel Cameron To Be His Successor In The Senate
- Cardi B Announces Limited Edition Fashion Doll With Doll Brand, Real Women Are
- Keri Hilson Feels Most Beautiful When She’s Rocking Her Natural Hair And No Makeup
- Zaya Wade Interviewing Her “Idol” Michelle Obama Is All Of Us
- Not Fired: Dallas Cop Arrested For Capital Murder Remains On The Force